Medical School Interview – A Free Guide to Medicine Interviews
Wondering what your medical school interview might entail? You’ve come to the right place!
Getting to the interview stage is an achievement in itself. Now that you have come so far, you will want to capitalise on your hard work and secure those elusive offers.
This page provides the headline information on interviews, before offering a step-by-step guide on what you need to do. Don’t forget to use all the subpages to make the most of the section.
Got a medicine interview for 2020 entry? Book a space on our Interview Course!
Book an Interview Course
Looking for example questions? See over 100 medical school interview questions and answer guides in our FREE Interview Question Bank>>
Looking for 2020 entry interview tips?
What Are The Different Types Of Medical School Interview?
Not all types of medicine interview are the same. There are three distinct categories:
As well as understanding what each type of interview involves, you need to make yourself aware of which medical school uses which type of interview.
You can do this by using our Medical School Comparison Tool.
If you’re applying to medicine overseas, your interview may be online. You can use our guide on How To Prepare for a Skype Medicine Interview.
What Kinds of Questions Might I be Asked in my Medical School Interview?
Your interview will cover a range of topics. These might include:
Access Free Interview Questions
Can You Provide Tips For My Medical School Interview?
Of course we can!
We have lots of interview tips. Like using the STARR technique to instantly improve your answers.
To find out about the STARR technique and other tips, check out our top interview tips.
We also have a range of guides to assist you with various aspects of your interview:
What You Need To Do
- Know what you are facing. Learn about your chosen medical school, the interview type, course structure and the admissions tutors.
- Reflect on all your work experience, wider reading and achievements. And practice articulating the standout points ahead of your interview.
- Book an interview course. Our one-day medical school interview course features full mock interviews. We also offer incredibly popular MMI circuits.
- Make the most of our extensive interview tips. The Medic Portal has created a hit list of the top ten interview tactics.
- Go through our FREE practice medical school interview questions and try mock interviews with teachers and family members.
- More practise! Want to create a real interview situation with an expert? Book an interview tutoring session. This can cover anything you need to work on.
Find out more about The Medic Portal and how we support students with their medicine interviews on our About Us page>>