Medical School Interview
Wondering what your medical school interview might entail? You’ve come to the right place!
Getting to the interview stage of applying to medical school is an achievement in itself. Now that you have come so far, though, you will want to capitalise on your hard work and secure your offers.
This page provides the headline information on the medical school interview, before offering a step-by-step guide on what you need to do. Don’t forget to use all the subpages to make the most of the section.
Book an Interview Course
What Are The Different Types Of Medical School Interview?
Not all types of medical school interview are the same. There are three distinct categories:
You can find out more about these on the links above.
As well as understanding what each type of interview involves, you need to make yourself aware of which medical school uses which type of interview so you can prepare properly for the schools you have applied to. You can do this by using our Medical School Comparison Tool.
If you’re applying to medicine overseas, your interview may be online. You can use our guide on How To Prepare for a Skype Medicine Interview to help you prepare.
What Kinds of Questions Might I be Asked in my Interview?
Your medical school interview will cover a range of topics. These might include:
Access Free Medical School Interview Questions
- Background and motivation for studying medicine
- Depth and breadth of interest
- Knowledge of the medical school
- NHS hot topics
- Creativity and imagination
- Medical ethics
- Personal insight
- Work experience
Can You Provide Tips For My Medical School Interview?
Of course we can! We have lots of medical school interview tips, like using the STARR technique to instantly improve your answers. To find out about the STARR technique and other tips, check out our top interview tips on this page.
We also have a range of guides to assist you with various aspects of your interview:
What You Need To Do
- Know what you are facing. Learn about your chosen medical school, the interview type, course structure and the admissions tutors.
- Reflect on all your work experience, wider reading and achievements. This is where you will really reap the rewards of your personal portfolio.
- Book an interview course. Our one-day medical school interview course features full mock interviews; we also host practice MMI circuits.
- Use our medical school interview tips. The Medic Portal has created a hit list of the top ten medical school interview tips.
- Go through our FREE practice medical school interview questions and try mock interviews with teachers and family members.
- More practise! Want to create a real interview situation with an expert? Book a medical school interview tutoring session. This can be a mock interview or general guidance – up to you!