Medical School Interview Info
After completing your UCAS application, you will hope to receive invitations to interview for Medicine at some of your chosen Medical Schools.
Getting to interview at Medical School is an achievement in itself. Now that you have come so far, though, you will want to capitalise on your hard work and to secure at least one offer.
This page provides the headline information on the Medical School interview, before offering a step-by-step guide on what you need to do. Don’t forget to use all the subpages to make the most of the section.
Applying to Medicine for 2018 entry? Book a space on our newly announced Interview Courses before 31st August 2017 and receive a 10% early bird discount!
Get the early bird discount on our Interview Course
What Are The Different Types Of Medical School Interview?
Not all types of Medical School interview are the same. There are three distinct categories:
Click on the links above to read about each of the different Medical School interview styles in more detail.
As well as understanding what they involve, you need to make yourself aware which Medical School uses which type of interview. You can do this by using our Medical School Comparison Tool.
If you’re applying to Medicine overseas, your interview may be online. You can use our guide on How To Prepare for a Skype Medicine Interview.
Can You Provide Tips For My Medical School Interview?
Of course we can! We have lots of Medical School interview tips, like using the STARR technique to instantly improve your answers. To find out about the STARR technique and other tips, check out our top Medical School interview tips on this page.
We also have a dedicated page on ethical scenarios – a staple of most traditional and MMI interviews.
What You Need To Do
- Know what you are facing. Learn about your chosen Medical School, the interview type, course structure and the admissions tutors.
- Reflect on all your work experience, wider reading and achievements. This is where you will really reap the rewards of your personal portfolio.
- Book an interview course. Our one-day Medical School interview course features full mock interviews; we also host practice MMI circuits.
- Use our Medical School interview tips. The Medic Portal has created a hit list of the top ten Medical School interview tips.
- Go through the practice medical school interview questions provided for free in our e-learning section and try mock interviews with teachers and family members.
- More practice. Want to create a real interview situation with an expert? Book a medical interview tutoring session. This can be a mock interview or general guidance.