The Medic Portal Ltd (“we”, “our” or “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, including GDPR, (EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679), the data controller is The Medic Portal Ltd of Unit 14 Greenway Farm Bath Road, Wick, Bristol, Gloucestershire, England, BS30 5RL.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.themedicportal.com (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, school, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph and academic information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Please also see the section about cookies in clause 3 below.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged 18 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- Feefo are our review generators and are acting on our behalf. They are only permitted to use your data to request a review from you. They will only use your contact details for market research and not use them for any other purpose.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Medic Portal Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or The Medic Portal, 14 Waterloo Pl, St. James’s, London SW1Y 4AR.
8. Status of this Policy and Your Consent
Where consent is required for our use of your information, by submitting your information to us you consent to our use of that information as set out in this policy; and if you disclose someone else’s information to us, you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it in accordance with this policy.
If you provide us with your sensitive personal data (for example, your state of health or any disabilities) you expressly consent to us using that data and disclosing it to our service providers for the purpose given. If you disclose someone else’s sensitive personal data to us you confirm that you have their consent to disclose this information to us and for us to use and disclose it to the relevant service providers for the purpose given.
9. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
10. OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the collection and use of your personal information on these websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
13. EFFECTIVE DATE