Traditional Medicine Interviews
Traditional medicine interviews can be quite intimidating: it’s just you and a panel.
Despite a recent shift towards Multi Mini Interviews (MMI), many universities still rely on the traditional interview format. And even in MMI circuits, the traditional skills set still plays a vital part.
This page answers the following questions about traditional interviews:
- What are the common questions at traditional Medicine interviews?
- How can I prepare for traditional Medicine interviews?
Got a med school interview for 2019 entry? Book a space on our Interview Course!
Book an Interview Course
Looking for example questions? See over 100 medical school interview questions and answer guides in our FREE Interview Question Bank>>
Looking for 2019 entry interview tips?
What Are The Common Questions At Traditional Medicine Interviews?
We’ve broken down the ten most commonly occurring themes that feature in traditional medical school interviews. We call this ‘The Golden Prep Sheet’:
- Background and motivation for studying medicine
- Depth and breadth of interest
- Knowledge of the medical school
- NHS hot topics
- Creativity and imagination
- Medical ethics
- Personal insight
- Work experience
Want to know the kinds of questions you might be asked in your interview – and how to answer them? Our FREE Interview Question Bank covers all of these topics, and has over 100 detailed answer guides to help you prepare for your interview.
Access Free Medical School Interview Questions
How Can I Prepare For Traditional Medicine Interviews?
We recommend the following four-step preparation method for traditional Medicine interviews:
- Select one of the themes above
- Note down 3-4 examples for that theme
- Try to apply to practice questions on that theme
- Compare and contrast with guide answer
Do not prepare full answers to recite, or you will sound robotic. Instead, focus on the theme in a flexible way.
Find out more about The Medic Portal and how we support students with their med school interview on our About Us page>>