Medicine Application 2019 Entry Timeline
Applying for 2019 entry? It’s essential you know your dates – find out the key dates for UCAT, BMAT, open days and UCAS in this blog below. You can download our 2019 Entry Key Dates poster from here.
Medicine 2019 Entry: UCAT
Most medical schools in the UK require the University Clinical Aptitude Test (UCAT). The exam has five sections: Verbal Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Situational Judgement and Decision Making.
You can read more about booking the test and preparation tips on our UCAT Guide>>
- 1st May 2018 – UKCAT registration opens
- 2nd July 2018 – UKCAT testing begins
- 18th September 2018 at 5pm – UKCAT registration and online booking closes
- 1st October 2018 at midday – UKCAT final booking deadline
- 2nd October 2018 – UKCAT last testing date
Looking for UCAT resources? You can access free UCAT questions on our UCAT Question Bank>>
Book our UCAT Course
Medicine 2019 Entry: Med School Open Days
Medical school open days are the best way to figure out if a particular med school is for you. You can find out more about different courses on our Choosing a Medical School section.
Compare different entry requirements with Comparison Tool>>
Which medical school course would you most suit? Take the quiz!>>
Medicine 2019 Entry: BMAT
A handful of medical schools require the BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT). You can sit this in September or October. You can read more about each section of the BMAT, plus preparation tips, on our BMAT Guide>>
- 25th June – September BMAT registration opens
- 12th August – September BMAT registration deadline
- 1st September – September BMAT test date
- 1st September – October BMAT registration open
- 1st October – October BMAT registration deadline
- 31st October – October BMAT test date
Read more about deciding between BMAT September and BMAT October here>>
Book our 2018 BMAT Course
Medicine 2019 Entry: UCAS
Don’t forget that the UCAS deadline for medicine is earlier than other courses, so make sure you get your application in on time!
- 15th October – UCAS deadline for medicine
Want a step-by-step guide to studying medicine? See our 9 steps to studying medicine here>>
Why not try one of our quizzes?