The Medic Portal Aspire: Revamped for 2018!
Completely revamped for 2018, TMP Aspire is packed with expert guidance on the medical school application process.
For just £20 a ticket, you can get first-hand insights from admissions tutors at top UK medical schools and expert tips from TMP advisors, qualified doctors and current medical students.
We are also offering discounted tickets of £30 for students attending with a parent or teacher!Book An Aspire Ticket
Are you a teacher looking to book tickets for a group of students? Please email us for more information and to book in your school pupils.
Already booked? You can see addresses and event details here.
What can you expect from TMP Aspire 2018?
TMP Aspire is packed with expert insight into the medical school application process. On the day, you can expect to learn about:
- Applying to Medicine: what are the stages of applying to medical school? One of our TMP experts will provide a detailed step-by-step overview of the application process – including UKCAT, BMAT and the challenging medical school interview.
- Life as a Medical Student: what is medical school really like? You can hear from a current medical student about their experiences and discover what studying medicine is like.
- The Admissions Tutor Perspective: what do medical school admissions tutors really look for in applicants? In this section of the day, you can hear from a current admissions tutor on how to stand out in the application process and at interview.
- Q&A: You will have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the morning speakers.
- Life as a Junior Doctor: what happens when you graduate? Here, you can find out more about medicine as a career and the various career paths open to you when you graduate from medical school.
- Medical Work Experience: How can you find medical work experience? This section of the day will cover how to build your CV and gain placements to boost your application.
- Preparing for Interviews: how can you prepare for the tricky med school interview? This talk will cover the different types of medical school interview – from Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI) to panels – as well as expert advice on how to prepare for them.
- Further Help: looking for more guidance on your application? We’re here to help! We walk through a range of courses we offer to help you secure your med school offers.
TMP Aspire 2018: Timetable
TMP Aspire will run from 9:30am to 4pm. Please see our timetable below:
|9:30 - 10:00||Registration|
|10:00 - 10:45||Applying to Medicine|
|10:45 - 11:15||Life as a Medical Student|
|11:15 - 11:45||The Admissions Tutor Perspective|
|11:45 - 12:00||Q&A|
|12:00 - 14:00||Lunch and activities|
|(12:30 - 13:15)||Activity of your choice|
|(13:15 - 14:00)||Activity of your choice|
|14:00 - 14:30||Life as a Junior Doctor|
|14:30 - 15:15||Medical Work Experience|
|15:15 - 15:45||Preparing for Interviews|
|15:45 - 16:00||How TMP can help you|
New for 2018: Interactive Workshops
At TMP Aspire 2018 there will be a two hour lunch break – however you can register for up to two events in this time. Completely new for 2018, these interactive workshops will be facilitated by leading TMP experts to provide you with invaluable insight into aspects of medicine or the medical school application process – the choice is yours!
From 12:30 to 13:15 we will run the workshops below – and the same sessions will then run again from 13:15 to 14:00. These events will be ticketed via a token system on a first-come-first-served basis on the day.
1. UKCAT and BMAT Seminar (45 mins)
At this seminar, you will be able to learn more about the two admissions tests for medical school – the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) and BioMedical Admissions Test (BMAT) – and how to prepare for them well.
2. Basic Life Support (45 mins)
Want to learn basic life support? Join this workshop and learn how to perform CPR.
3. Oxbridge (45 mins)
At this seminar, you can learn more about studying medicine at Oxford and Cambridge and how to maximise your chances of success.
New for 2018: TMP Consultations
Throughout the day, you can also book a 15 minute consultation with a TMP advisor. These sessions are available to provide you with personalised advice from a medical school admissions expert, and are entirely tailored to suit you.
These 15 minute slots are available throughout the day, but also during the lunch break, for £30.
You can book your TMP Consultation using the link below – however, please note you must have purchased a ticket to the relevant Aspire event.Book a TMP Consultation
“I came to the day having no idea how the application process worked, what my son should expect and what skills he should look to develop, and left with a clear understanding of it all. The speakers did a really great job of covering a variety of areas and giving plenty of food for thought.”
Bristol Aspire Attendee, February 2017
“The feedback from the students was incredibly positive. It certainly helped to focus minds and clarify decisions on potential medical applications for a number of our students.”
Bristol Aspire Attendee (Teacher), February 2017
Read more TMP Testimonials.
Who should attend these events?
Our Aspire events are designed for all students who have an interest in studying Medicine, from Year 8 onwards. Whether you have a passing interest in Medicine, are dead-set on applying to medical school or somewhere in between, this event is for you!
Under 16s are very welcome to attend our Aspire events provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian (see ticket options below), or teacher (for school groups).
TMP Aspire 2018: Dates
Venues are to be confirmed nearer the time, but will be held at a central location in each city.
- London: 23rd June 2018
- Birmingham: 24th June 2018
- Manchester: 30th June 2018
- Edinburgh: 1st July 2018
Ticket prices for TMP Aspire are as follows:
- Single ticket: £20
- Student plus parent: £30
Manchester Aspire 2018
Looking to book tickets for Manchester Aspire on 20th February? Book your tickets here!
Already got a place? It will take place in The Great Hall, Sackville Street Building, University of Manchester. For full details, please see this page.
Please note that this event is the last in our 2017-18 cycle of TMP Aspire events, so the content of the day will differ from our 2018-19 Aspire events as detailed above. However, the event will still be jam-packed with expert tips and guidance from qualified doctors, admissions tutors and medical students!Book A Manchester Aspire Ticket