The Medic Portal Aspire
The Medic Portal Aspire conferences are a series of nationwide, 1-day events aimed at aspiring medics like you!
At just £10 a ticket, each event will provide you with an inspiring – yet affordable – insight into what a career in Medicine really means.
You’ll hear from amazing guest speakers and top practising doctors, as well as current medical students. The day will span exciting insights from the medical front line, all the way through to how to get ahead during the application process.
The goal is simply to give you everything you need to take those next steps on the road to Medical School… and a uniquely rewarding future career.Book An Aspire Ticket
What can you expect at our Aspire event?
- Firsthand insights from current admission tutors at top UK Medical Schools. You’ll get expert advice on how to boost your uni application and stand out from the crowd.
- Talks from current medical students. Learn where to look for work experience and how to navigate the application process. Get a glimpse into what life at medical school is really like !
- Inspiring insights from key note speakers. This will give you an exciting view of the huge variety of careers in the medical profession. Learn what doors a degree in Medicine will open for you!
TMP Aspire – Reviews
“I came to the day having no idea how the application process worked, what my son should expect and what skills he should look to develop, and left with a clear understanding of it all. The speakers did a really job of covering a variety of areas and giving plenty of food for thought.”
Bristol Aspire Attendee, February 2017
“The feedback from the students was incredibly positive. It certainly helped to focus minds and clarify decisions on potential medical applications for a number of our students.”
Bristol Aspire Attendee (Teacher), February 2017
Read more TMP Testimonials.
Who are the Keynote Speakers?
Get ready to hear from some of the most influential and interesting medical practitioners, Medical School students and other get into Medicine experts.
We can confirm attendance spread across the events from the following Medical Schools:
Competitions & Giveaways
At every event, we are running an essay competition on a Medicine-related theme for those who wish to enter. The top submissions will be shortlisted to present to our awards committee, with a prize for the winner.
Prior to your event date, we will send you instructions on the essay title and how to enter yourself for the competition.
Who should attend these events?
Our Get into Medicine events are designed for all pupils and students who have an interest in studying Medicine, from Year 8+. Whether you have a passing interest in Medicine, are dead-set on applying to Medical School or somewhere in between, this event will be of high value to you.
Under-16s are very welcome to our Aspire events, provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian (see ticket options below), or teacher (applies to school groups).
Schools & Teachers: we welcome school groups, classes, Medical Societies and more, and are happy to take group bookings. See below to get in touch and book in your students.Book An Aspire Ticket
Where will the events be held?
Following sold out events in London, Birmingham and Manchester in 2016, teaching over 500 aspiring medics, The Medic Portal is excited to announce our 2017 dates. Book soon to avoid disappointment!
- Bristol – Many thanks to those who attended this sell-out event – 13 February, 2017 – Badminton School, BS9 3BA
- London – Many thanks to those who attended this sell-out event – 25th March, 2017 – Birkbeck University, WC1E 7HX
- Edinburgh – Many thanks to those who attended this sell-out event- 10 April, 2017 – Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, Queen Mother Conference Centre, Edinburgh, EH2 1JQ
- Eton College, Windsor – 24 June, 2017 – Eton College, SL4 6DW
- Manchester – 25 October, 2017 – central location, TBC
- Birmingham – 20th December, 2017 – central location, TBC
Each event runs from 10:00 to 15:00. Doors to all events open at 9:15 and close at 9:55.
Please find a provisional timetable below, which gives an idea of what to expect on the day. Please note, the finalised timetable at each event may differ slightly from the one below.
|Welcome Address||10:00 - 10:10|
|Application Process (personal statements, UKCAT, BMAT & more)||10:10 - 11:00|
|The Medical School Years||11:00 - 11:25|
|The Admissions Tutor Perspective||11:25 - 11:55|
|Panel Q&A||11:55 - 12:10|
|Lunch||12:10 - 13:10|
|Work Experience & Building Your CV||13:10 - 13:35|
|Junior Doctor Years & Career Paths||13:35 - 14:05|
|Insight from a UK Medical School||14:05 - 14:20|
|Medical Specialties||14:20 - 14:50|
|Close||14:50 - 15:00|
As part of our Widening Participation agenda, we’re offering hugely discounted tickets. With a limited number of spaces at each event, be sure to book today to ensure your place.
- Single ticket – £10
- Student accompanied by a parent (compulsory for under-16s) – £15
School group accompanied by a teacher – please email us for more information and to book in your school pupils.Book An Aspire Ticket