This year’s BMAT test
will take place on 18th October 2023. Find out how to register and how much it costs to sit the exam.
2023 BMAT Dates
The key dates for the 2023 BMAT are:
|Registration opens||1st September 2023
|Deadline to apply for modified papers||15th September 2023
|Registration deadline||29th September 2023 (18:00 BST)
|Deadline to apply for Access Arrangements and to apply for fee reimbursement||29th September 2023 (18:00 BST)
|Test date||18th October 2023
|Results released||24th November 2023
2023 Test Fees
This year, the registration fee for BMAT is £78/€91 within the UK and EU. Outside of this, it will cost £104/$142.
In previous years, late registration involved paying extra. However, this year the BMAT website states that no late registrations will be accepted.
You should also be aware that if you want to make an application for results enquiries or appeals, there is an additional cost involved.
If you can’t afford to cover the costs of sitting the BMAT, you may be able to get reimbursed for the fees.
If you meet the criteria, you just need to complete a reimbursement request form. Keep an eye on the BMAT website for more details on their bursary scheme.
How Do I Register For BMAT?
There is a step-by-step process to register for BMAT.
- Find a test centre. Ask your school’s Exams Officer if the school is already registered as a BMAT test centre. If your school isn’t a BMAT test centre, and doesn’t want to/can’t register to become one, you’ll need to find a test centre from the BMAT’s network of test centres.
- Ask the Exams Officer to register you for the test, and supply the personal details listed on the BMAT website. This includes:
- Your name and date of birth
- Your UCAS number for UK universities
- The names of the courses/UK unis you are applying to
- Evidence if you require modified question papers or any Access Arrangements such as extra time
- Note your candidate number, as this is proof that you’ve successfully registered for the BMAT. It will start with a B, followed by five digits.
- Prepare for the test.