University of Worcester
Worcester University was awarded the largest allocation of additional health-related student places in the UK in 2020, showing substantial and proven experience over the past two decades in training high-quality, effective and compassionate health professionals in nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and paramedic science.
A third of the University’s students are currently studying courses allied to health. This year, it celebrates 25 years of delivering nursing and midwifery education and is now considered to be one of the best training centres in the country for these professions.
In 2014, Worcester become the first university in the UK to introduce a postgraduate MSc Physician Associate (PA) course: a two-year intensive clinical programme to train clinical practitioners in the medical model to work alongside doctors, meeting the needs of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
New for 2022, we have now been approved by the UK General Medical Council to offer a graduate entry medical degree and look forward to building on our partnerships with the local NHS to support the development of doctors for the 21st Century.
Our MBChB degree opens in Sept 2022 and is a four year graduate entry programme for those who already have a 2:1 in any degree.
This is a problem based learning course with early and sustained clinical experience including 44 weeks in primary care in year three.
We will admit up to 100 international and UE students per year.
Fees are £41,00 per year.
- 1st or 2:1 undergraduate degree in any subject (or 2:2 plus Masters or Doctoral degree)
- GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above in Maths and English
If your degree is in a non-Science subject you will also need to:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above in two science subjects (maths is not included as a science subject)
Applicants whose first language is not English must also:
- have passed IELTS with a score of at least 7.0 overall, with 7 in the speaking component and at least 6.5 in all other in all components
You are not eligible to apply if you have previously commenced a medical degree in the UK or overseas.
- UCAT (University Clinical Aptitude Test), or GAMSAT (Graduate Medical School Admission Test), or MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test)
- CASPer situational judgment test
- Two semi-structured interviews (whilst the pandemic regulations and restriction on travel apply, these are likely to be online interviews).
- Website URL:
- [email protected]
- +44 (0) 1905 542640