Medical School Interview Course - Delivered by Doctors!
*New Interview Courses 2017-18 announced with a 10% early bird discount!*
Applying to Medicine for 2018 entry? Book a space on our newly announced Interview Courses before 31st August 2017 and receive the early bird discount!
Due to popular demand, our Interview Courses 2016-17 were completely sold out. Our one-day Interview Course equips you with top techniques to help you tackle traditional, MMI and Oxbridge interviews – you will also receive a full length mock and comprehensive workbook.
Keep up to date with the latest Interview Course information by signing up to our Interview Courses 2017-18 mailing list!Get the early bird discount on our Interview Courses
Got an interview coming up soon? Our Interview Tutoring sessions are entirely tailored to suit you, and can cover step-by-step interview techniques, a full-length mock or bespoke adjustments for specific medical schools.
Wondering why you should go with us for your Medical School preparation? Check out our Why TMP? page to see what makes us different.
Medical School Interview Course Overview
The Medic Portal’s one-day Medical School Interview Course has been created by practising doctors and full time education professionals. It is designed to ensure that you know exactly what to expect and how to excel at your medical school interview.
The Medical School Interview Course covers all interview types. This includes traditional, MMI and Oxbridge interviews. We pride ourselves on our detailed approach to medical ethics and medical ‘hot topics’ – both of which are key to standing out in panel and MMI interview formats.
The Medical School Interview course is taught through a mixture of interactive lectures and small group teaching. We also provide a 12,000-word workbook, as well as a full mock Medicine interview. Our organisation is an official partner of the Royal Society of Medicine.
(Looking for international Medical Interview Courses?)
What You Need to Know About Our Medical School Interview Course
- Our Medicine interview course has been taught to thousands of students around the world, with excellent results. Our interview and MMI course attendees get offers from top UK medical schools, including Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, KCL and many more.
- Unlike many other providers, our expert Medicine interview course creators have experience on both sides of the interview table. That helps us to anticipate what questions get asked, why they get asked and what interviewers look for in your answers.
- We provide a full mock Medicine interview with extensive feedback, and offer a thorough and up-to-date workbook, spanning a full 12,000-words (see below).
Medical School Interview Course – The Mock Interview
During the medical school interview course, you will be privately interviewed by doctors and/or experienced medical students. Their questions will be similar to the ones you’ll face in your actual interviews.
Your mock medical school interview will last around 20 minutes. After you leave the room, your interviewers will briefly confer. When you are invited back in, they will give you constructive written and verbal feedback. This will cover how well you did and, importantly, where you can improve.
Medical School Interview Course – What’s in the Workbook?
The 12,000-word workbook comes free with the medical school interview course. It includes:
- All of the lecture slides from the day.
- Drug calculations, and how to do them.
- Detailed information on current NHS ‘hot topics’.
- A comprehensive Medical Ethics section.
- MMI mark schemes mirroring those used by real medical schools.
There is plenty of space in the workbook for you to jot down notes from lectures, classes and group sessions throughout the day.
Medical School Interview Course – Timetable
|10:00 to 10:10||Introduction|
|10:30 to 11:00||Different Styles of Interview|
|11:00 to 11:45||Motivation, Interest and Work Experience|
|11:45 to 12:00||Break|
|12:00 to 14:00||MMIs: Theory, Group Work & Scenarios|
|14:00 to 15:00||Lunch|
|15:00 to 15:40||Medical Ethics|
|15:40 to 16:05||Oxbridge and Lateral Thinking Questions|
|16:05 to 16:35||Teamwork and Personal Insight|
|16:35 to 16:55||Medical School and Career Paths|
|16:55 to 17:00||Additional Resources|
|17:00 to 17:10||Questions, Feedback and Close|
Additionally, each student will have a one-on-one mock interview during the day.
Medical School Interview Course – Testimonials
We think it’s a really great course, and others do too…
“The mock interviews really put the students on the spot. Careless replies are quickly pursued into territory that exposes skin deep knowledge. I find the resources and ideas from The Medic Portal invaluable.”
Medical School Interview Course – Logistics
This year, we are holding courses in the following locations:
- Medical School Interview Courses London
- Medical School Interview Courses Manchester
- Medical School Interview Courses Birmingham
- Medical School Interview Courses Bristol